Friday, July 18, 2014

Volcano Craft






This is a simple craft with big effect. You will get disposable shot glasses to make the reaction in. The way I did the reaction is that I put one Tablespoon of Baking Soda in the shot glass. I took a used water bottle and filled it 2/3 the way with vinegar added some dish soap (dawn), red food colouring and red glitter to give it some fun. I printed and cut out the following volcano, and then covered it with mactac. I put the shot glass in the cone that I made and then I poured the vinegar solution into it.

Supplies:
Cardstock for cone
mactac for the cone (optional)
vinegar
baking soda
food colouring (optional)
red sparkles (optional)
dawn (optional but highly recommended -- makes it foam)
disposable shot glasses

Instructions


  1. Print and cut out the following cone on card stock. Leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch margin around the top of the volcano Link to pdf
  2. If you want the volcano to survive it's maiden voyage, you may want to mactac or laminate it.
  3. Wrap the cone around the shot glass. Cut the top of the volcano to accommodate the glass and be able to close. 
  4. Tape the cone together. 
  5. Put a Tablespoon of baking soda in the shot glass
  6. Put the volcano into a pan or a foam plate or the sink
  7. Pour the vinegar mixture into the shot glass.
  8. Rinse Repeat.

No comments: