Thursday, July 31, 2014
MTC File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxY0fZP9AEREdHJEU0dKMUs5UlU/edit?usp=sharing
SVG Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxY0fZP9AERESlpkbjh3NE84RXc/edit?usp=sharing
Friday, July 18, 2014
This is a simple craft with big effect. You will get disposable shot glasses to make the reaction in. The way I did the reaction is that I put one Tablespoon of Baking Soda in the shot glass. I took a used water bottle and filled it 2/3 the way with vinegar added some dish soap (dawn), red food colouring and red glitter to give it some fun. I printed and cut out the following volcano, and then covered it with mactac. I put the shot glass in the cone that I made and then I poured the vinegar solution into it.
Cardstock for cone
mactac for the cone (optional)
food colouring (optional)
red sparkles (optional)
dawn (optional but highly recommended -- makes it foam)
disposable shot glasses
- Print and cut out the following cone on card stock. Leave a 1/4 to 1/2 inch margin around the top of the volcano Link to pdf
- If you want the volcano to survive it's maiden voyage, you may want to mactac or laminate it.
- Wrap the cone around the shot glass. Cut the top of the volcano to accommodate the glass and be able to close.
- Tape the cone together.
- Put a Tablespoon of baking soda in the shot glass
- Put the volcano into a pan or a foam plate or the sink
- Pour the vinegar mixture into the shot glass.
- Rinse Repeat.